Teacher of Mathematics
Required from September 2024
Recruitment incentive of £2,000 to be paid on commencement of role and £2,000 to be paid on successful completion of 1 year
Permanent Full Time
Closing date: Thursday 7th December 2023, 9am
Interviews: Thursday 14th December 2023
This is a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated and enthusiastic Teacher of Mathematics to join one of the most successful schools in the city. This post is suitable for both experienced and Newly Qualified Teachers.
To succeed in the role you will have:
- A degree, or equivalent experience, with a teaching qualification
- Proven ability to teach outstanding lessons across the 11-18 age range, with first class classroom management skills
- The ability to work in collaboration with other members of staff to further the department
- Exceptional personal organisation and time management skills
- A firm understanding of key national and educational policies and issues
- The ability to inspire high achievement in young people from all backgrounds
- A clear commitment to improving your own and others’ performance through effective continuous professional development
This post is suited to a Newly Qualified or experienced Teacher. For Newly Qualified Teachers, the school is able to offer excellent support and mentoring for new entrants to the profession.
Woodkirk Academy is a high performing, successful, well established, fully comprehensive, co-educational 11-18 maintained Academy. We have a proud record in academic, intellectual, social and sporting, musical, dramatic and community developments. Our latest Ofsted report noted a ‘passion and commitment to continuous improvement’ and that ‘leadership at all levels is focused on the progress of pupils.’
Woodkirk enjoys an excellent reputation as an employer and our ethos and working practices are well regarded. We take pride in looking after staff and supporting everyone in their roles in order to deliver excellent education to our students.
Applicants are welcome to visit the Academy prior to application. Please contact HR at email@example.com to arrange a convenient time and date.
How to apply
Referring to the requirements of the role as specified in the Job Information Pack, please complete the application form and return this to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you encounter any technical issues, or you require any support to complete the application form please contact our Human Resources team on 0113 340 0036 or by email email@example.com
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be required to teach a –
First lesson on perimeter to a Y7 top set group
All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, two references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check (DBS), medical clearance and provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK and evidence of qualifications.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.