Required from September 2023
MPS/UPS & TLR2b
Closing date Monday 22nd May 2023 at 9am
Interviews will be held on 24 May 2023
This is a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated and enthusiastic Teacher of English to join one of the most successful schools in the city as our KS3 Co-ordinator of English. You will provide professional leadership and management for Key Stage 3 to secure high quality teaching, effective use of resources and improved standards of learning and achievement for all students. Facilitating and encouraging learning which enables students to achieve high standards, you will also share and support the corporate responsibility for the well-being, education and discipline of all students.
To succeed in the role you will have:
- A degree, or equivalent experience, with a teaching qualification
- Proven ability to teach outstanding lessons across the 11-18 age range, with first class classroom management skills
- The ability to work in collaboration with other members of staff to further the department
- Exceptional personal organisation and time management skills
- A firm understanding of key national and educational policies and issues
- The ability to inspire high achievement in young people from all backgrounds
- A clear commitment to improving your own and others’ performance through effective continuous professional development
In return for joining us as a KS3 Co-ordinator of English, we can offer:
- An opportunity to use your skills and knowledge to make a real difference to the children within our community, whilst working within a school that fosters positivity and care.
- Access to an expanding range of lifestyle benefits including Simply Health Cash Plan, free flu vaccinations and a cycle to work scheme.
- Free access to an Employee Assistance Programme providing support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – this can include telephone GP appointments, physiotherapy, counselling and wellbeing services.
- Free parking on site
- A wide range of possibilities to develop as a professional, with access to job related learning and development opportunities across the Trust.
Woodkirk Academy is a high performing, successful, well established, fully comprehensive, co-educational 11-18 maintained Academy and a founding member of Leodis Academies Trust. We have a proud record in academic, intellectual, social and sporting, musical, dramatic and community developments. Our latest Ofsted report noted a ‘passion and commitment to continuous improvement’ and that ‘leadership at all levels is focused on the progress of pupils.’
Leodis Academies Trust and our individual Academies are committed to ‘Forging Young Futures’. To do this, each Academy has its own ethos and identity, and has the freedom to develop individually as well as working collaboratively to secure high quality outcomes for all its young people. By providing an extensive curriculum, both within and beyond the classroom, we cater for the wide range of talent and ability that our students have to offer. We work tirelessly to improve the life chances of all our young people and support them to make a positive contribution to their community.
Woodkirk enjoys an excellent reputation as an employer and our ethos and working practices are well regarded. We take pride in looking after staff and supporting everyone in their roles in order to deliver excellent education to our students.
Application packs can be downloaded from our website www.leodis.org.uk or obtained from the school by telephone on 0113 8873600 or by email email@example.com.
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be required to teach a one-off lesson on descriptive writing based on an image of your own choice to a mixed ability Y7 or Y8 class.
All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, two references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check (DBS), medical clearance and provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK and evidence of qualifications.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.